Saturday, April 04, 2009

I love this kid...


Allie will yell at me, to which I quickly discipline, then she immediately looks at me with tears and says "I'm sorry mama"...I hate the tears but I love the fact that she has a good conscience and is beginning to know what's right and wrong - even if its in a small way.

I love the fact that every time she poops after being put down for bed she comes out to tell me "mama, I poop" so she never sleeps in a yucky diaper.

Every morning when Owie gets up she yells, "Owie's awake"!!! I love how much she loves her little brother.

I love how she tries to be stealth when drinking my diet coke but she can never contain herself and always yells out with excitement, "mmmm, I drink soda (pronounced - sotha)".

Every Sunday when we pull up to the chapel she always yells out, "friends, I play with friends". Then for the next hour, she gets frustrated b/c we have to sit through sacrament meeting first before playing with friends.

I crack up every time we pull up to a beige building and Allie asks, "Mimi's house"?

Several times a day Allie will put on her shoes and either try and open the front door or go out on the patio while telling me that, "I go to work".

I love how she gets just as excited to see 'Koda' (the dog) as she does to see Grandma and Papa.

I laugh every time she brings me a go-gurt to open for her while I'm taking a shower.

I love it when she talks to Owie in baby talk (a-goo, a-goo) or when she pretends to cough/sneeze in order to get Owie to laugh.

I also love it when she looks at Owie like, "come on, can't you do X"!?!?

It drives me nuts but its really sweet when the few times I've put them in the same room together at night I catch her in his crib just playing and making him smile.

It makes me smile when I see both kids staring at the TV with that glazed over look while watching Dora/Caillou/whatever.

Most of all I love her hugs, kisses, smiles, jokes, random sayings...I could go on forever.

Allie you're the best kid. I love you so much.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Loved tehat post, she is growing up so fast.

Lianna said...

It's fun to hear how she's growing. Her hair looks so cute in that pic on facebook, like she's from the 40's. Dean does the same, "I'm going to work" thing, it breaks my heart when he wants to go with his daddy to work, but can't. I am glad she loves her brother, I can't wait for those special sibling moments.

queenieweenie said...

what a sweet baby girl she is! I love the pigtails!

Bra-man said...

We miss that kid!! She is one adorible little girl!!

hoopesfam5 said...

Such a cutie....the girls do the same thing with Dr. Pepper as Allie does with coke...they try to be so sneaky and end up being just so stinking cute. And the shower thing always happens with us too...it never fails that as soon as I'm in there, one of the girls will come in with an immediate, must-have-this-right-now need...you gotta love it!