Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cars...






Allie is almost two and she has a few loves in her life. Purses, keys, shoes and cars. I went into her room tonight to check on her and she rolled over, still asleep, and said "cars". Well, I guess I now know what she dreams about.



I have to say, I HATE these things. They're awesome to keep Allie entertained while shopping but getting her out of it...I swear people are going to think I'm hitting her b/c she starts to scream and cry. Then all the way home she cries, "I drive cars" with huge tears streaming down her face.

Besides these little battles, the last two years have been awesome. I love it when she wants to see baby brother (my tummy) and gives him kisses and tells him good night. I love it when she tries to play hide around the house. I love going for walks and seeing the biggest smile on her face whenever she sees other kids, and how she has to yell out "hi" at the top of her lungs and won't quit until they respond to back to her.

She's a sweet, fun kid and we feel so lucky to have her as part of our family.

***UPDATE*** I figured out how to get her out...I should have remembered this several weeks ago. I ask her to give the car hugs and say "bye, bye. See you next time." That's it!!!

Sometimes I forget that I need to talk things out with her and she's good. :)

10 comments:

Chris said...

hey! the cristiano's blog lives again!!! YAY! & yay for it being a boy! Congrats!!! Loved finding out more about Allie! Wish were there to play with her! We need to have a reunion I think!

Bra-man said...

Allie is adorable!! I thought something was wrong with my blog this morning when I saw your blog at the top. I'm excited to see a new post from you. See you at the park later, I hope. (Please ignore the scary Wal-Mart Storm trooper. I need to get my identity and not use Ryan's!!)

Annie Sunshine said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you are alive and well. Guess we know why we haven't got an update for a while. Congratulations on the baby boy. I LOVE having a son, and wish you lots of luck with your pregnancy. When are you due?

We need cute pregnancy pictures now.

Sarah said...

Welcome back to blogging! :) Isn't two a great/frustrating age? Lincoln is WAAAAAAAY into Cars, too. He especially loves Sally. And I'm so impressed that you can steer those types of shopping carts, they are AWFUL!!! I never use them just for that reason, I guess I would rather have squished grapes (L or O in the cart w/ the food)!

Unknown said...

Agggh! The dreaded shopping car. The only way I could get Frank out of it without making a huge scene was telling him it was someone else turn to ride. The tears didn't stop but at least the screaming did:)

flip flop mama said...

Boogers is usually pretty good about out when I tell her, but I hate driving those things around the store. they are so gigantic!

brooke said...

I didn't even know you are preggers!!! Congratulations! And it's a boy- even better! So glad you're doing good. Sounds like Allie is quite the cutie.

Anonymous said...

You two are having a boy! That's so exciting! t

queenieweenie said...

I can't believe how big she's getting and can't wait to see the newest addition!

Kelli said...

Yay! welcome back!